The Excellence projects are for young researchers doing excellent research projects within the fields of basic, translational and/or clinical endocrinology or metabolism research. The Novo Nordisk Foundation will award up to four 5-year excellence projects in 2018.
- The projects must be carried out in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden).
- The project must be of high international standard.
- Applicants may be clinicians or experimental researchers.
- Applicants are expected to be independent scientists with experience from leading research projects and mentoring.
- Applicants must have completed their PhD within the past seven years. Clinicians will additionally be able to deduct up to three years for time spent in the clinic.
Up to four fellowships, each of up to DKK 5 million over 5 years. The grant is a framework grant and may be utilized for e.g. the applicant’s own salary and consumables directly related to the project with up to DKK 1 million per year.
The Committee on Endocrinology and Metabolism assesses the applications.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in an interview with the committee in Copenhagen on March 16, 2018.
We recommend that you read “Information and Guidelines for Applicants” Carefully before initiating the application process. Additional essential information is found in these guidelines.