Please be aware that the call and the application guidelines for ’Hallas-Møller Investigator’ will be changed significantly before the next application round opens in October 2018, so keep yourself updated on our webpage.
With this fellowship, the Novo Nordisk Foundation wishes to strengthen the development of young research leaders within bioscience and basic biomedical research primarily focusing on health and disease but also natural science of general importance for the understanding of the human organism.
The recipient of the fellowship will perform research at a Danish research institution where the fellowship enables the researcher to establish or expand their own research group in Denmark.
- The project will be anchored at a university, hospital or other non-profit research institution in Denmark.
- Applicants are expected to have a documented track record as independent scientists. The research must be of international excellence. It is expected that receiving the award will accelerate possible research breakthroughs.
- The fellowship is primarily awarded to scientists that have not yet obtained permanent employment at the host institution.
- It is a requirement that a signed letter of support from the head of the host institute is included in the stage 1 application.
- The applicant must be at the postdoctoral, senior researcher, assistant or associate professor level.
Up to two fellowships, each of up to DKK 11 million over 5 years can be awarded.
The application process consists of two stages:
- Stage 1: Short application (letter of intent) without budget.
- Stage 2: Final project application by invitation and interview.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundations application system, which can be accessed via this website from 22 November 2017.
We recommend that applicants carefully read the application instructions “Information and Guidelines for Applicants”, before initiating the application process. Additional essential information on the call and application process is found in this document.