With the present call ’Hallas-Møller Ascending Investigator’ the Novo Nordisk Foundation seeks to support and strengthen the consolidation of the excellent, younger to middle-aged associate professors in Denmark within the fields of bioscience and basic biomedicine primarily focusing on health and disease, but also natural science of general importance for understanding the human organism. The applicants should have their own research groups and individual research profiles, and have the ambition and potential to rise to the highest international level within their research fields.
This grant together with ‘Hallas-Møller Emerging Investigator’ replaces and expands on the former ‘Hallas-Møller Investigator’ grant offered by the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
More information on the ‘Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Research Leader Programme’ and the specific calls for principal investigators at different career stages.
- The grant is for the younger to middle-aged principal investigators to consolidate their research groups and reach their full potential as research leaders.
- The applicant should be an associate professor. Applications from assistant professors, senior researchers or people in similar research positions will be considered if the applications are meeting all the other requirements in this call. Professors, including MSO, cannot apply for this particular call – but can apply for the ‘Distinguished Investigator’ grant.
- The applicant should have a PhD + approximately 7-15 years of subsequent research experience.
- The applicant is expected to have a documented track record of excellent research, and must at the time of application have senior authorships demonstrating independence and direction within their line of research.
- The project and applicant must be anchored at a university, hospital or other non-profit research institution in Denmark.
A full list of eligibility requirements is found in ”Information and Guidelines for Applicants” (Application instructions).
Applications must be completed and submitted using the internet-based application system.
Please read ”Information and Guidelines for Applicants” carefully before initiating the application process. Additional and essential information is found in these guidelines.