The Novo Nordisk Foundation’s nursing research programme aims to provide nurses with leadership experience an opportunity to apply for major research projects that are valuable in a broad research and clinical context.
The programme targets nursing research on disease prevention and health promotion, treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care and research on management and organization with the overall purpose of improving treatment results.
The goals of the nursing research programme are:
- to strengthen nursing research through long-term research funding;
- to base nursing research on current health professional problem-solving;
- to accelerate the development of new treatment methods within nursing; and
- to create project constellations in which nursing researchers may gain research experience at the highest level.
The main applicant must be a nurse, have documented research activites, have qualifications equaling to senior researcher or associate professor level, and have experience in research leadership. Main applicants should be affiliated with a university, hospital or other non-profit research institution in Denmark at which the project must be based.
Main applicants may have up to four co-applicants from the nursing profession and from other professional fields who will actively and scientifically contribute to the project and who will have a financial share in the grant. Co-applicants must have formal research competence (PhD or the equivalent) and must have documented research activity. Co-applicants should also be affiliated with a university, hospital or other non-profit research institution in Denmark.
The Foundation will fund one 5-year research project annually with a maximum grant of DKK 7.5 million.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND EVALUATION
The application process has two stages:
- stage 1: brief expressions of interest; and
- stage 2: two to four stage 1 applicants are invited to submit a detailed stage 2 application, including a budget, which will also be submitted to international peer review.
All applicants are requested to read the application guidelines thoroughly.
All applications must be submitted in English.