With this call, the Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers in Denmark to apply for a post-doctoral fellowship to conduct research within bioscience or basic biomedicine outside of Denmark. The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where a minimum of 3 years are dedicated to work at a university, hospital or other research institution abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a university, hospital or other research institution in Denmark.
A research institution in Denmark must employ the applicant for the entire fellowship period and this institution must administrate the fellowship grant.
The successful candidate:
- has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- has been accepted as an employee at a Danish university, hospital or other research institution throughout the course of the fellowship program
- has support from the foreign research institution
- will spend at least 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year in Denmark
- has considerable prior association to the Danish education or research community, e.g. by having a Danish master's degree or PhD or several years of research experience at a Danish institution
The total duration of the fellowship is 4 years. The Novo Nordisk Foundation awards up to DKK 1 million per year for a total of up to DKK 4 million/fellowship. Up to four fellowships will be funded in 2018.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system.
We recommend that applicants carefully read the application instructions “Information and Guidelines for Applicants”, before initiating the application process. Additional essential information on the call and application process is found in these guidelines.