The call and application guidelines will be updated before the next application round opens.
With this call, the Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers in Denmark to apply for a post-doctoral fellowship to conduct research within bioscience or basic biomedicine outside of Denmark. The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where a minimum of 3 years are dedicated to work at a university, hospital or other research institution abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a university, hospital or other research institution in Denmark.
The applicant must be employed by a research institution in Denmark for the entire fellowship period and this institution must administrate the project grant.
The successful candidate:
- has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- has been accepted as an employee at a Danish university, hospital or other research institution throughout the course of the fellowship program, and has support from the foreign research institution
- will spend at least 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year in Denmark
- has a master or a PhD degree from a Danish University or similar ties to Denmark
The total duration of the fellowship is 4 years. The Novo Nordisk Foundation awards DKK 1 million per year, i.e. for a total of up to DKK 4 million/fellowship. Up to four fellowships will be funded in 2017.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system.
We recommend that applicants carefully read the application instructions “Information and Guidelines for Applicants”, before initiating the application process. Additional essential information on the call and application process is found in this document.