The Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers in the Nordic countries to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship to conduct research within endocrinology and metabolism at elite institutions abroad. The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where a minimum of 3 years are dedicated to work at a university, hospital or other research institution abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a university, hospital or other research institution in a Nordic country.
The applicant must be employed by a research institution in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Iceland or Norway) for the entire fellowship period and the Nordic institution must administer the fellowship grant.
The successful candidate:
- has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- has been accepted as an employee at a Nordic university, hospital or other research institution throughout the course of the fellowship program (letter of support must be attached),
- has a signed letter of support from the principal investigator/lab head at the foreign research institution, where the majority of the project will be conducted (letter of support must be attached)
- will carry out research 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a Nordic institution
- has considerable prior association to the Nordic education or research community, e.g. by having a master’s degree or a PhD from a Nordic University or several years of research experience at a Nordic institution
The total duration of the fellowship is 4 years. The Novo Nordisk Foundation awards up to DKK 1 million per year for a total of up to DKK 4 million per fellowship. Up to six fellowships will be funded in 2018.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system. It is important to carefully read the “Information and guidelines for applicants”, accessed via the link below, before initiating the application process. Additional essential information on the call and application process is found in these guidelines.
Grant Administrator, Henriette Balslev, firstname.lastname@example.org or (+45)35 27 22 66
Scientific Officer, Susanne E. Hede, email@example.com, or (+45) 35 27 66 29