With the present call The Novo Nordisk Foundation wishes to strengthen and support Danish translational health research of high international quality. Collaborative project applications from one basic and one clinical researcher, that seek to stimulate the transition of basic research to clinical practice and vice versa are invited.
- The main applicant and project must be anchored at a university, hospital, or other non-profit research institution in Denmark. The co-applicant can be anchored in Denmark or abroad.
- Only applications where one basic and one clinical researcher establish a cross-disciplinary collaboration will be considered for funding.
- The main applicant can be either the basic researcher or the clinical researcher.
- Both main applicant and co-applicant should be tenured, as the Tandem Programme will not cover the salary for neither the main applicant nor the co-applicant.
- Both the main applicant and the co-applicant must receive a defined part of the grant budget and this must be detailed in the application budget, and it must be clear from the application, how the project collaboration is ensured and the work is distributed.
- The applied project must be of 4 years duration.
- The maximum budget per project is DKK 15 million.
Applications from Ph.d. students and postdocs that carry out research under supervision, and applications where ph.d. students or postdocs are named as co-applicants will not be considered.
Bridge the gap between basic science and clinical application. One basic scientist and one clinical scientist must apply together for a project, which is clinically relevant, cross-disciplinary, and translational in nature, to catalyse improved treatment or diagnosis of patients, or understanding of underlying disease mechanisms.
DKK 15 million are available for funding per Tandem Programme grant.
Four 4-year Tandem Programmes can be funded in 2018.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the internet-based application system, which can be accessed via this website from November 21, 2017.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview on June 7, 2018.
Please read ”information and guidellines for applicants” carefully before initiating the application process. Additional and essential information is found in these guidelines.