To support and strengthen the development of young and promising clinical research leaders and promote Danish clinical and translational research at a high international level, the Novo Nordisk Foundation seeks to support the starting clinical research leaders with ambitions of combining their clinical work with clinically relevant research.
- Applicants must either be ready to start, be under, or have just finished their medical specialist training. I.e. KBU and the introductory position must be completed if applicants are not yet under medical specialist training, and they may not be more than 2 years post-completion of their medical specialist training.
- Applicants must commit to minimum 20% (1 workday) and maximum 60% (3 workdays) research time, leaving from 80% (4 workdays) to 40% (2 workdays) to clinical work at a Danish hospital. The amount of time dedicated to research and clinical work can vary over the five project years, as it best fits the project and applicant.
- The project must be a 5-year project, and it must be anchored at a Danish university, hospital or other non-profit research institution.
- Applicants must have an MD and should have a Ph.D. or a dr. med. or similar qualifications.
- Applicants must have institutional support from the heads of both the clinical department and the department where the research is to be performed (hosting and support letters must be uploaded to the application).
- Upon granting, it is the applicant’s responsibility to establish an agreement with the regional council on postgraduate medical training for their individual case.
The 5-year grant amounts up to DKK 10 million, depending on the time spend / level of commitment from the applicant to the research project. Up to four Investigator Grants will be awarded in 2019.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system following the instructions in the “Information and guidelines for applicants” pdf. Additional essential information regarding eligibility and the application process is found in this pdf.