DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS: 2 PM
The Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers in Denmark to apply for a post-doctoral fellowship to conduct research within bioscience or basic biomedicine outside of Denmark, where a minimum of 3 years are spent abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a Danish research institution.
The foundation seeks to strengthen Denmark’s position amongst the world leaders in biomedical research by two means:
- By giving promising young researchers the opportunity to obtain knowledge, training and research experience within bioscience and basic biomedicine in an international research environment
- By associating the fellow to a Danish research institution throughout the fellowship, thereby facilitating the return to, and integration in, the Danish academic research environment
A research institution in Denmark must employ the applicant for the entire fellowship period and this institution must administrate the fellowship grant.
The successful candidate:
- will carry out research at least 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year in Denmark
- has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- can apply if he/she has already started a postdoctoral stay abroad. However, the time spent as postdoc abroad must not exceed 1 year at the time of application
- has established contact with the laboratory abroad and has support from the principle investigator/lab head at the foreign research institution
- has considerable prior association to the Danish education or research community, e.g. by having a Danish master’s degree or PhD or several years of research experience at a Danish institution and has a clear intention of returning to Denmark after the stay abroad
The total duration of the fellowship is 4 years. The Novo Nordisk Foundation awards up to DKK 1 million per year, for a total of up to DKK 4 million/fellowship. Up to four fellowships will be funded in 2019.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system, which will be available from November 20, 2018.
It is important to carefully read the “Information and guidelines for applicants”, before initiating the application process, as these guidelines contains the complete call text as well as instructions regarding the completion of the application.