Visiting Scholar / Visiting Postdoc Fellowships at Stanford Bio-X
The Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers to apply for a Visiting Scholar/ Visiting Postdoc Fellowship in interdisciplinary research with a biomedical or biotechnological focus at the highest international level. The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where 3 years are dedicated to work at the prestigious Stanford University in California, USA, under the Stanford Bio-X Institute, followed by up to 1 year at a university or other public or non-profit research institution in Denmark. PLEASE NOTE: the selected fellows will be called either Visiting Scholar or Visiting Postdoc at Stanford Bio-X depending on the appointment title they have with their hosting Danish institution for the duration of their fellowship.
The foundation seeks to accomplish the objectives of this call by two means:
- By giving the awardee the opportunity to obtain research experience, training and knowledge in a unique interdisciplinary environment at the highest international level, while also openly exchanging intellect and ideas with Stanford peers.
- By associating the awardee to a Danish research institution throughout the project, thereby facilitating the return of the awardee from Stanford University, and his/her continued research career in the Danish research environment.
It is possible to apply within all research fields, under the condition, that it is of interdisciplinary structure with potential applications to biomedicine, human health or biotechnology.
The successful candidate:
- Will have obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date.
- Will have a solid education and experience within natural and technical sciences, biomedicine and/or biotechnology, and a deep interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Must document that he/she will be employed by a Danish university or other public or non-profit research institution (that will also administrate the grant) during the entire scholarship period.
- Is excited about this opportunity to boost his/her own career, as an investment for a future research leader in Danish.
- Has a significant association to the Danish educational system or research environment, e.g. by having graduated from a Danish University or worked as a postdoc in Denmark.
In total, the duration of the fellowship is 4 years.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation will award approx. DKK 1 million per year, for a total of up to DKK 4 million per fellowship.
Please, read all guidelines carefully before applying.