Application Guidelines – Unsolicited Applications
Application Guidelines – unsolicited inquiries
Novo Nordisk Foundation receives a great number of inquiries, expressions of interest, and applications outside of open calls. To facilitate an effective assessment, unsolicited inquiries, expressions of interest and applications for the Novo Nordisk Foundation should be received according to guidance below:
For general funding questions please submit contact details and a short description of your question using the General Inquiry button below.
To facilitate our response, you will be asked to indicate the NNF grant giving area relevant for your question. If you are not sure which NNF grant giving area might be relevant for your question, please select ‘Other’ and your inquiry will be distributed to the relevant area.
Expression of Interest
To initiate a dialogue with the NNF regarding a project idea that falls within the NNF’s areas of support, but cannot be applied for within our open calls, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) using the Expression of Interest / Application button below to enter the NNF NORMA application portal. Please note that submission of an EOI requires the setup of a NORMA profile. The submission should include, but is not limited to; description of applicant, institution/affiliation, brief project description and approximate funding amount. Please note that unsolicited EOIs that are developed into full project applications will be subjected to substantial peer-review. Submitting an unsolicited EOI should not be considered a fast-track process.
To submit an unsolicited application that falls within the NNF’s areas of support, but cannot be applied for within our open calls, please use the Expression of Interest / Application button below to enter the NNF NORMA application portal. Please note that submission of an unsolicited application requires the setup of a NORMA profile. The submission should include, but is not limited to; description of applicant, institution/affiliation and collaborators, full project proposal, and detailed budget. Please note that unsolicited applications that are considered potentially relevant for a grant are subjected to substantial peer-review. Submitting an unsolicited application should not be considered a fast-track process.
Novo Nordisk Foundation does NOT normally support:
- Sponsorships for attending and/or facilitating conferences or scientific meetings, except those related to areas specified on the NNF website
- Cultural events including theater, concerts, art exhibits, movies, music production and/or distribution, or book publishing
- Salaries, scholarships or other support for personal undergraduate training or travel
- Maintenance, operation, or administration of institutions, organizations, and institutes
- Expenses for construction or renovation of buildings, facilities or monuments
- Running expenses for clubs or associations including sport-, activity-, and youth clubs
- Personal living expenses including expenses for recreational purposes, non-professional travel courses, seminars, and social purposes
- Projects linked to commercial interests and activities or sponsorships