DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS: 2 PM
To strengthen Danish clinical and translational research at the highest international level, the Novo Nordisk Foundation seeks to support the excellent clinically active research leaders at professor level with ambitious and clinically relevant 5-year research projects.
- Applicants must be clinical professors. Applications can be accepted from applicants who have been evaluated and found to be professor-qualified, but is not yet in a clinical professor position, if the application is meeting the other requirements in this call.
- Applicants must remain associated with clinical work / have clinical responsibilities throughout the entire 5-year grant period, and it is expected that the applicant will spend between 20-50% of their time in the clinic, while 50-80% time can be spend on research.
- The project must be a 5-year project, and it must be anchored at a Danish university, hospital or other non-profit research institution.
- Applicants must be an MD, specialist physician, and should have a Ph.D. or a dr. med. or similar qualifications.
- A Clinical Distinguished Investigator grant cannot be used to cover substitute replacement salary for neither clinical nor teaching obligations of the applicant, as the continued commitment of the applicant to both is considered of great importance.
- Applicants must have institutional support from the heads of both the clinical department and the department where the research is to be performed (hosting and support letters must be uploaded to the application).
Each grant runs over 5 years and can be up to DKK 10 million in total over the 5 years. Approximately DKK 2 million per budget year can be allocated to project related expenses. Up to four Investigator Grants will be awarded in 2019.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system following the instructions in the “Information and guidelines for applicants” pdf. Additional essential information regarding eligibility and the application process is found in this pdf.