DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS: 2 PM
With the Research Infrastructure Programme, the Novo Nordisk Foundation wishes to strengthen the Danish research environment within biomedicine and biotechnology by supporting the establishment and maintenance of infrastructures needed to achieve excellence in research and innovation.
The goal of the research programme is to:
- Ensure that researchers have access to state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Ensure that potential users have access to qualified technical assistance.
- Ensure that the facilities and/or equipment is continuously developed and maintained.
- Boost the nearby research environment.
The Programme supports:
- Purchase of equipment for the infrastructure.
- Expenses related to establishment and installation of the infrastructure.
- Expenses directly related to operating and maintaining the infrastructure.
- Salaries for technical personnel to ensure operation and maintenance for 5 years.
The main applicant must be employed at a university, hospital or other not-for-profit research institution in Denmark. The applicant must document expertise at the highest level within the research field of the applied-for research equipment or facility.
In addition to the main applicant, the application must include a group of collaborators, associated with a Danish research environment that will be users of the applied-for research equipment or facility.
The facility or equipment must be made available to the general scientific environment, incl. from other institutions, SME’s and incubators.
Each grant can be of DKK 5-25 million, for a period of up to five years. Applications outside this range will not be considered for funding. The total grant capital in 2019 is DKK 75 million.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system that can be accessed via the link “Apply now”.
Please read “Information and Guidelines for Applicants” carefully before initiating the application process. Additional essential information on the call and application process is found in these guidelines.