Lars Rebien Sørensen CV
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Novo Nordisk Foundation since 2017
- Lars Rebien was elected in March 2019 for a one-year term and is not considered as an independent member.
- Lars Rebien Sørensen was born in 1954. He received an MSc in Forestry from the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen in 1981 and a BSc in International Economics from Copenhagen Business School in 1983.
- Lars Rebien Sørensen joined Novo Nordisk Enzymes Marketing in 1982 and over the years was assigned various overseas posts, including the Middle East and the United States. In May 1994, he was appointed a member of corporate management, and in December 1994, he assumed responsibility for the healthcare business. He was appointed President and CEO of Novo Nordisk A/S in November 2000, a position he held until 31 December 2016.
- Lars Rebien Sørensen is Chair of the board of Novo Holdings A/S, member of the board of Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG (Switzerland), Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA (Sweden) and member of the Supervisory Board of Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc. (US). He is also chairman of the Advisory Board for Axcel.
- In 2007, Lars Rebien Sørensen was appointed Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Life Sciences of the University of Copenhagen.
Special professional qualifications
Experience in general management of a major international company. Knowledge of the Novo Group’s business and management and knowledge of the international pharmaceutical industry. Experience of working on boards of directors.