Biomedical and health science research and applications
Biomedical and health science research is central to the Foundation’s heritage and identity, especially within physiology, metabolism and endocrinology. The Foundation already has a strong track record in this area, supporting world-class basic research in biomedicine that paves the way for advances in translational medicine and innovative clinical applications.
In the future the Foundation will expand its activities and impact beyond physiology, metabolism and endocrinology.
The Foundation’s activities will focus on:
- Basic biomedical research
- Translational biomedical research and technologies
- Clinical research
- Health-related data science
- Research in patient-centred healthcare and treatment systems
- Training programmes and methods related to biomedical and health science research