Novo Nordisk Prize 2023
About the grant
5 Mio DKK
Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine, Clinical and Translational Medicine, Data Science, Endocrinology and Metabolism
The Novo Nordisk Prize recognizes an active scientist who has provided outstanding international contributions to advance medical science for the benefit of people’s lives. The Prize is intended to award and further support biomedical research in Europe. The Prize is of DKK 5 million (appr. EUR 672,000) and consists of a DKK 4,5 million (appr. EUR 605,000) research grant and a personal award of DKK 0,5 million (appr. EUR 67,000).
The Foundation will grant an additional DKK 0,5 million for hosting an international symposium within the recipient’s field(s) of research.
The nomination call is open until 1 June 2022. The Foundation welcomes nominations by individual researchers and by research institutions including academic and industrial institutions, and research funding agencies. To be evaluated by the Novo Nordisk Prize Committee, nomination must be submitted electronically via the nomination form to be accessed here. The nomination and review processes are confidential.
- Nominees must demonstrate scientific excellence that has led to a major discovery or breakthrough in understanding of human health and disease, prevention, diagnosis and/or treatment of the disease.
- Nominees must have a current position and an active research program at a public, non-profit research institution and/or in a company based in a European country.
- Nominees must serve as inspirational leaders and role models for young scientists.
- Nominees may have any nationalities.
- Nominators (individual or institution) are not limited in number of nominations.
- Self-nominations are not accepted
- Nominators cannot be family members
- The prize may not be awarded to members of the Novo Nordisk Foundation Board or committee members or to Board members, directors or employees of the Novo Group.
The Novo Nordisk Prize Awardee will be announced in April 2023.
More about The Novo Nordisk Prize.