Pandemics, local epidemics and antibiotic-resistant bacteria pose a major threat to society that is exacerbated by globalisation and a growing world population. We want to strengthen global epidemic preparedness through research on preventing and treating diseases, so we can better understand, manage and protect ourselves against infectious diseases.
Our goals are to:
- Support research on immunity to infectious diseases, new vaccines and anti-infective drugs
- Develop innovative interventions and tools that prepare the world to better manage infectious diseases
At the national level, our ambition is to develop and support a strong scientific community in Denmark with the capacity to:
- Discover and develop new vaccines through translational research and clinical trials
- Develop new vaccines against various respiratory pathogens
- Develop strategies that can ensure broad and lasting respiratory immunity