The Novo Nordisk Foundation has established a new Committee on Science Education that will implement the decision of the Foundation’s Board to award grants for projects within natural science education, research on natural science education and natural science outreach.
The Committee comprises members with expertise in science education, research on natural science education and informal education communities.
The Committee’s role is to assess the applications submitted to the Foundation within science education and outreach. In April, the Foundation announced the first calls for applications within this category and allocated DKK 100 million for the grants in 2018. Applications can be submitted from 15 August. See the announcement here.
The Committee comprises seven members from Denmark and Norway as follows:
- Hanne Hautop (Chair), Principal, Rosborg Gymnasium & HF, Denmark
- Desiré Christoffersen, CEO, Skive College, Denmark
- Anja Cetti Andersen, Professor, Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen
- Jan Alexis Nielsen, Associate Professor, Department of Science Education, University of Copenhagen
- Jan Sølberg, Associate Professor, Department of Science Education, University of Copenhagen
- Thomas Dyreborg Andersen, Associate Professor, University College UCC, Copenhagen
- Hanne Serine Finstad, CEO, Science Factory, Sandnes, Norway
The Foundation’s Board appoints the Committee members in accordance with the rules governing the Foundation’s committees. Read more about the Foundation’s committees here.