About the grant
Up to DKK 50 mio. per grant
International recruitment to Denmark
Research Leaders (Established/Prof.), Research Leaders (Mid-career/Associate Prof.)
Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine, Biotechnology-based Synthesis and Production, Clinical and Translational Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- An applicant must be a principal investigator with an independent research group that s/he has directed for 7 or more years in total.
- An applicant may have any nationality and must be employed as a scientist outside of Denmark. An applicant may not have an employed position in Denmark during the application process.
- An applicant must expect the work time at the host institution to be at a level of at least 75 % of a full-time position.
- The host institution can be anywhere in Denmark and must be a university, university hospital, public research institution or other non-profit organization.
- If you have lead an independent research program for less than 7 years in total, please visit the Young Investigator Award page.
- Grants up to DKK 50 million (EUR ~6.7 M, USD ~7 M) for a period of 7 years.
The application process consists of two phases. Phase I applications must be completed and submitted using the NNF’s application system following the instructions in the “Information and guidelines for applicants” pdf, found on this website when the system opens. Additional essential information regarding eligibility, funding and the application process is found in this pdf.
Up to 4 applicants will be invited to phase II. The major elements of the phase II application will be a comprehensive research program proposal and a letter of commitment from the host institution in Denmark. Phase II applicants will be invited to the Novo Nordisk Foundation for an interview with the NNF review committee.
Evaluation of applications and selection of grant awardees will be based on the scientific excellence of both the investigator and the proposed research program and their benefits to the Danish Research Ecosystem.