This call replaces the previous ‘Borregaard Clinical Scientist Fellowship’
To promote and strengthen Danish clinical and translational research at a high international level and to stimulate the continued development of excellent clinical research leaders, the Novo Nordisk Foundation seeks to support the consolidation of accomplished clinically active doctors with ambitious and clinically relevant 5-year research projects. The grant provides half-time substitute replacement salary from the clinical obligations for 5 years. The grant thus makes it possible for qualified clinical researchers to dedicate half of their time to research. It is, however, essential, that the clinical researcher remains 50% associated with clinical work throughout the entire 5-year grant period.
- Applicants must be fully qualified specialist physicians employed in full-time clinical positions at a Danish hospital.
- Applicants should be at the associate professor level, or have similar qualifications.
- The project must be a 5-year project, and it must be anchored at a Danish university, hospital or other non-profit research institution.
- Applicants must have a MD and should have a Ph.D. or a dr. med. or similar qualifications.
- Professors, incl. clinical professors, cannot apply for this particular call – but can apply for the foundation’s ‘Clinical Distinguished Investigator’ grant.
- Applicants must have institutional support from the heads of both the clinical department and the department where the research is to be performed (hosting and support letters must be uploaded to the application).
Each grant runs over 5 years and can be up to DKK 10 million in total over the 5 years. Up to four Clinical Ascending Investigator Grants will be awarded in 2019.
DKK 500,000 per budget year must be allocated to cover the salary of a qualified substitute, that will undertake part of the applicant’s clinical responsibilities during the project period.
Up to DKK 1.5 million per budget year can be allocated to project related expenses.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system following the instructions in the “Information and guidelines for applicants” pdf, found at the link below. Additional essential information regarding eligibility and the application process is found in this pdf.