- The project must be a 5-year project, and it must be anchored at a Danish university, hospital or other non-profit research institution. It is essential, that applicant’s own salary must be covered throughout the 5-year project period). The amount needed to cover the salary of a qualified substitute, that will undertake part of the applicant’s clinical responsibilities during the project period must be allocated.
- Applicants must have an MD and should have a Ph.D. or a dr. med. or similar qualifications.
- Applicants must be fully qualified specialist physicians employed in full time clinical positions at a Danish hospital.
- Applicants should be at the associate professor level or have similar qualifications.
- Professors, incl. clinical professors, cannot apply for this particular call – but can apply for the foundation’s ‘Clinical Distinguished Investigator’ grant.
- Applicants must have institutional support from the heads of both the clinical department and the department where the research is to be performed (hosting and support letters must be uploaded to the application, please see section 3.5).
- ‘Borregaard Clinical Ascending Investigator’ grants are individual grants at the disposal of the applicant. If the applied project involves collaboration, the collaboration and the nature of the collaboration should be described in the project description, but the applicant must be the clear driver of the project (it is not possible to have or register co-applicants for this specific call).
The overall goal is to support medical research with relevance to patients and human health. The research fields could be within, but are not limited to: Patients and disease related research, translational and clinical research, research in: disease mechanisms; treatment methods; disease trajectories, epidemiology; diagnostic methods; public health and family medicine, intervention studies, register-based research, proof-of concept studies, pilot projects, initial clinical trials and clinical testing, biomedicine etc.
The 5-year grant amounts up to DKK 10 million. The amount needed to cover the salary of a qualified substitute, that will undertake part of the applicant’s clinical responsibilities during the project period, must be applied for and up to DKK 1.5 million per budget year can be allocated to project related expenses.
Up to four Borregaard Clinical Ascending Investigator Grants will be awarded in 2024.
The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system, using the link “Send application”. Link is found at the top of the page and will be visible when the call opens.
It is very important, that the applicant carefully reads the guidelines, before initiating the application process. This document contains the complete call as well as detailed instructions for the application process.