Novo Nordisk Foundation Symposium
The Symposium focuses on the frontiers of humanities-driven health research, the impact of humanities on health science and health sector practices, and finally on future pathways for expanding the contribution of humanities health research in a Danish context.
In Denmark and abroad we see a growing need for understanding the cultural, social, ethical and personal aspects of a range of health challenges in our society. This includes e.g. the transition to personalized healthcare, improving mental health, equality of access to healthcare, bridging society and biotechnological innovations, and many other complex issues. The humanities hold the keys to answering a range of essential health questions and this symposium gathers prominent international and Danish scholars to present and debate the current contributions and future pathways of humanities health research.
The organizers welcome young and established health researchers from across disciplines and health professionals alike to join the symposium.
- Luna Dolezal, University of Exeter,Lecturer in Philosophy and Medical Humanities, Deputy Director of the Liberal Arts Programme.
- Thomas Fuchs, University of Heidelberg, Prof. of Philosophical Foundations of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy.
- Stanley Ulijaszek, Oxford University, Prof. of Human Ecology.
- Roelien Bastiansee, University of Groningen, Prof. in Neurolinguistics.
- Stefan Timmermans, UCLA, Prof. of Sociology.
- Helga Jónsdóttir, University of Iceland, Prof. of Nursing Care.
- Klaus Høyer, University of Copenhagen, Prof. of Medical Science and Technology Studies
- Anne-Marie Mai, University of Southern Denmark, Prof. of Literature.
- Jens Seeberg, University of Aarhus, Prof. (mso) of Anthropology.
- Keld Thorgaard, Aalborg University, Head of Dept. Learning and Philosophy.
- Astrid Jespersen, University of Copenhagen, Associate Prof. of Ethnology.
- Christina Fogtmann, University of Copenhagen, Associate Prof. of Psychology of Language.
- Kristian Martiny, University of Copenhagen, postdoc and research lab director.
- Dan Zahavi, University of Copenhagen & University of Oxford, Prof. of Philosophy
- Klemens Kappel, University of Copenhagen, Prof. of Philosophy
- Kasper Boye, University of Copenhagen, Associate Prof. of Linguistics.
- Dan Zahavi, University of Copenhagen & University of Oxford
- Astrid Jespersen, University of Copenhagen
- Klemens Kappel, University of Copenhagen
The final program will be sent to all participants before the symposium, and will also be available at the venue.