We have always supported fundamental research because this creates the prerequisites for major breakthroughs. Fundamental research in the natural and technical sciences is also a prerequisite for developing a world-class life science ecosystem and for preparing the basis for new knowledge and groundbreaking discoveries that benefit people and society.
Our goals are to:
- Support curiosity-driven research
- Build capacity and expertise and create optimal conditions within important scientific fields
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive academic community that provides opportunities for the most talented researchers to immerse themselves in creative research
- Drive cross- and interdisciplinary collaborations that can pave the way for new solutions to complex societal challenges
- Strengthen international collaboration that creates world-class research