A research institution in Denmark must employ the applicant for the entire fellowship period and this institution must administrate the fellowship grant.
The successful candidate:
- will carry out research at least 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year in Denmark
- has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- can apply if he/she has already started a postdoctoral stay abroad. However, the time spent as postdoc abroad must not exceed 1 year at the time of application
- has established contact with the laboratory abroad and has support from the principal investigator/lab head at the foreign research institution
- has considerable prior association to the Danish education or research community.
The total duration of the fellowship is 4 years. The Novo Nordisk Foundation awards up to DKK 1 million per year, for a total of up to DKK 4 million/fellowship.
Submit your application via the foundation’s application system (the green ‘Apply’ button at the top of the screen) from the indicated ‘Application opens’ date.
It is important to carefully read the “Information and guidelines for applicants”, before initiating the application process, as these guidelines contains the complete call text as well as instructions regarding the completion of the application.